Black-T Treatment, is a unique coating which provides firearms with optimal protection against rust and external damage. The coating is a combination of certain polymers. The coating’s uniqueness is its very thin layer, which provides the weapon’s maximum protection without altering its internal or external properties. The coating is based on a dry film lubrication which rules out the need to lubricate the firearms (except for the barrel bore), decreases the coefficient of friction between the moving parts on the weapon and provides optimal protection against corrosion and wear. This coating is superior to all other final firearms coatings currently on the market.
- Color: Black, NATO green.
- Coefficient of Friction: 0.08 (Static & kinetic)
- There are no signs of harm or cracks in the coating when bending a steel surface
- 0.8mm. thick (.032’), radius bend on 3.2mm. (1/8”).
- Salt spray resistance: 500-1500 hours (according to ASTM 117).
- Humidity resistance: Greater than 500 hours with a relative humidity of 98% at 120°F (49°C).
- Service temperature:
- Continuous 300°F (149°C)
- Intermittent 325°F (163°C)